Construction quality and safety have a deep impact on society. Deficiencies and defects can affect the lives of citizens most directly in the case of housing, but indirectly too in public works, both due to economic cost – which can be very high – and to the social cost of disturbances caused by the repair or restoration of functional conditions. Added to this is a growing commitment to environmental issues in our society, for which sustainability is an increasingly important factor. Accredited services contribute to improving the safety and quality of construction and reducing its environmental impact.
- Testing and certification for the different “quality marks” of construction products: concrete and precast components, structural steel profiles, steel products for concrete, cement, sanitary fittings and fixtures, etc.
- Tests, inspection and certification required for CE marking (safety requirements) of the diverse products covered by the Construction Products Regulation (EU) No 305/2011: masonry, additives, precast concrete, asphalt mixes, etc.
- Assessment of the energy efficiency of thermal installations in buildings or enclosure elements.
- Tests on noise insulation and acoustic measurements of construction elements in buildings and facilities required to reduce and control noise pollution.
- Certification of persons as sustainable building project evaluators.
- Certification of persons as energy certification technicians for housing.
- Quality control testing for construction.