Currently, a large number of accredited testing, inspection and certification services provide confidence to administrations, businesses and consumers about the safety and quality of energy generation, transport, distribution and marketing, from both non-renewable (coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear) and renewable sources (wind, solar, biomass…).
- Testing of wind turbines and wind farms: characterisation of wind turbines, power curve, power quality, adaptation of response to voltage dips, evaluation of site wind potential, etc.
- Testing and monitoring of photovoltaic modules and systems: design qualification and type approval, electrical safety, power, photovoltaic conversion system response to voltage dips, pyranometer calibration.
- Testing of solar thermal sensors and systems for the supply of domestic hot water to homes and buildings.
- Characterisation testing of biofuels (biodiesel, bioethanol and biomass) and fossil fuels.
- Components and generation plants testing according to the Technical Supervision Standard developed by Red Eléctrica Española (the Spanish Electric Network, REE) and the distribution network managers in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/631, setting out the minimum technical requirements for energy quality to be met by new installations in order to ensure the safety of the European electricity system, the integration of renewables, and to make it easier to trade in electricity in the EU.
- Certification of wind turbines and wind farms
- Certification of solar thermal sensors and systems for the supply of domestic hot water to homes and buildings.
- Certification of energy management systems
- Certification of gas installers and specialists in the commissioning, maintenance and repair of gas appliances.
- Certification of persons as: energy auditors, technicians in the energy certification of housing, technicians verifying high voltage power lines, fitters of gas and heating systems in buildings, low voltage experts.
- Safety inspection of electricity production, processing, transmission and distribution facilities.
- Monitoring of photovoltaic modules and systems
- Inspection of energy efficiency conditions on cogeneration plants
- Assessment of energy efficiency of facilities (street lighting, thermal installations in buildings).
- Metrological control of gas and electricity meters.
- Inspections of mining safety and the control of mining waste facilities and rehabilitation of the space affected by mining activities.